Toasted Coconut Waffles
This is a delicious breakfast treat with a twist.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 50 grams unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup Grand Mills Brown flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 - Mix together the egg yolks, milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and shredded coconut.
2 - Sift flour, sugar, coconut milk powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3 - Gradually stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined.
4 - Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites gently through the batter.
5 - Cook the waffles in a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve with slices of fresh mango.